Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks Beat San Francisco 49ers in NFC Championship


On Sunday, January 19, 2014, the Seattle Seahawks beat the San Francisco 49ers 23-17 for the NFC Championship in the NFL. This will be the 2nd time the Seattle Seahawks go to the NFL Superbowl.

Richard Sherman tips ball before Crabtree catches it
Richard Sherman makes the biggest play of the game, tipping the ball before Michael Crabtree of the San Francisco 49ers can catch the ball, and his Seattle Seahawks teammate (Malcolm Smith) catches the ball and downs it with :22 seconds left in the game. Game over.

Was Michael Crabtree Butt Smack Bad Sportsmanship on Richard Sherman?

Richard Sherman gives Michael Crabtree a butt smack
Richard Sherman smacks Michael Crabtree on butt

post game butt smack
Richard Sherman to Michael Crabtree butt smack

After celebrating with several teammates in the endzone, Richard Sherman decides that he is going to run up behind Michael Crabtree and smack him on the left butt cheek and get in his face. Yes, he gave him a butt smack. Some would argue that it wasn't just any butt smack, but it was also a display poor sportsmanship after a big win.

Richard Sherman's explanation of the butt smack was this: "I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me...I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, 'Good game, good game.' That's when he shoved my face, and that's when I went off" (see post-game interview below)

Richard Sherman also did the choke sign at the 49ers quarterback Colin Caepernick. His explanation: "I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Why? Because he decided he was going to try the guy he was avoiding all game, because, I don't know, he's probably not paying attention for the game-winning play. C'mon, you're better than that."

Richard Sherman Says Michael Crabtree is a 'Sorry Receiver' in Post-Game Interview

In the post-game interview with Erin Andrews, Richard Sherman says: "I'm the best corner in the game...when you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's what you're going to get. Don't you ever talk about me!"

Erin Andrews asks him: "Who was talking about you?"

A few seconds later, Richard Sherman follows with: "Crabtree, don't you open your mouth about the best, or I'm gonna shut it for you real quick!"

Erin Andrews said this about the post-game interview: "He lost his mind and it was awesome - for once...I do think they might have been worried about language." (Erin Andrews was referring to Fox Sports Producers in her comment)

Sports analysts think that Richard Sherman should have been a little less aggressive after winning such a big game. Richard Sherman has said in interviews with reporters that it is okay to get aggressive while you are in football mode, because if you do that in real life, you go to jail.

Do you think Richard Sherman should have been more humble about the Seattle Seahawks win over the San Francisco 49ers?

Or do you think it was appropriate for him to give Michael Crabtree a butt smack?

Tom Brady Comments on Richard Sherman's Bad Sportmanship

Tom Brady says this when asked about Richard Sherman's behavior and post-game interview: "I don't know him at all...I've watched him play. He's that kind of guy. So, you know, I approach the game - and I have respect for my opponents. That's the way our team always plays. We win with graciousness, and when we lose, we could do better. Some teams don't always do that, or that's not their program."

No comments: