Pages

Saturday, June 08, 2013

iPhone App Review: Indestructible by Glu Games

Indestructible for iPhone
Indestructible iPhone App
Indestructible by Glu Games is a car combat iPhone game with both a single player campaign, and multiplayer features.

To play multiplayer, you must either be connected to Wi-Fi or have a network connection that is fast enough for your iPhone.

Indestructible Single Player Campaign


I have played the Single Player Campaign for Indestructible. It is a lot of fun. It is fairly easy to take on the horde, which are many weak vehicles at once. You must face computer opponents, and there are quite a few. The single player campaign starts to get hard at the point where it says that computer players are now using Tier 2 weapons. At that point, you start to really get challenged. I got to the point where I face Dozer, the bulldozer. I defeated him 1 time, and I needed to defeat him 3 times to win.

At this point, I realized that I needed a Tier 2 weapon, or a better car.

So I started playing the Multiplayer regularly to save up for a Tier 2 weapon for the default vehicle.

Indestructible Multiplayer Mode

The Multiplayer Mode for Indestructible is fun to play. Each time you play, you get both silver points and influence points. Silver allows you to save up for things like weapons and cars. Influence points allow you to move up to the next level. The next level after the default is silver, and then gold level for influence. Your Influence level simply shares if you have been playing for a while.

I managed to save up 16,000 silver and bought a Tier 2 kinetic weapon. It slightly knocks back an enemy car. I played multiplayer with this new weapon and determined that I just wasted 16,000 silver because now I have to start from the beginning to save up all over again.

car combat game for iPhone
Indestructible iPhone car combat game
There are four types of Multiplayer modes you can play: Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Capture the Charge.

Does This Game Keep my Attention?

The problem with Indestructible by Glu Games is that you have to save up so much silver to buy vehicles and weapons. The next car is 7,500 silver, and then there is a cadillac, and then the next two vehicles cost 25,000 silver. Once you spend your silver, then you have to start back from the beginning.

After every match it shows how much you earned. There is a small place on the screen that says "Permanently Double your XP and Silver." If you click on it, it asks if you want to pay a one time fee of $2.99 to permanently double your XP and Silver. I chose not to.

Indestructible by Glu Games is fun to play, but there is too big of a hurdle to get items and cars if you are unwilling to pay money to get gold.

I will not pay for gold, therefore my time is over for playing this game. 

While it has a fun factor to it, I am not willing to pay out any money to play this iPhone car combat game

If you are like me, don't waste your time playing this game just to come to the same conclusion.

The iTunes Preview Page for this game can be viewed here.

No comments: