Want to know a fun game app in the Google Play store?
Over the holidays, I discovered a game in the Google Play store: the game Coup.
|Coup app icon|
The app is available in the Google Play store is based on a board game of deception and manipulation. This app game is essentially a card game, and is all about bluffing, and learning how to bluff successfully.
The game is free to download. There are in-game purchases available, but not necessary to play.
The game consists of five character cards:
- Duke card - the Duke draws a tax of 3 coins, and cannot be blocked or challenged.
- Captain card - the Captain can steal 2 coins, and can be blocked by the the Captain or Ambassador card.
- Contessa card - Contessa can block an Assassination
- Assassin card - in exchange for 3 coins, the Assassin can attempt an assassination. The Assassin can be blocked by only Contessa character card.
- Ambassador card - the Ambassador can exchange 1 or 2 cards from the player's hand, and allow the player to choose from the next 2 cards drawn
Coup GameplayEach player has a total of 15 cards in the deck. Each character appears 3 times in the deck The player is drawn 2 random cards to start with in their hand.
You then can bluff or truthfully choose how you want to play based on the character cards' abilities, or you can draw 1 coin if you choose. There is a motivation to get to 7 coins. Once you reach 7 coins, you can press the "Coup" button, and force the player to reveal 1 card. A Coup cannot be blocked.
If you have an Assassin, you must have 3 coins in order to use the Assassin card.
You have 1:30 to play your turn, unless you are in a challenge period.
If you choose to only tell the truth, then logic could reveal your cards to the other player.
After you successfully accomplish certain tasks, the game awards you with badges that you can display on your Coup profile picture.
- Plan on bluffing. The game requires you to bluff to be successful.
- If you do not have the Duke, but want to collect tax, start bluffing in Round 1 (your first turn)
- If you have a card, but want the other player to think your bluffing, play it at an odd time
- If you are in a challenge period of 30 sec., you can hesitate to play, but it will look like you do not have the card if you do this. You can hesitate to make the other player think you don't have the card.
- You can use chat features to communicate pre-selected phrases and taunts to the other player. Use these strategically while playing.
|Screenshot of Coup app|